Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All time Favourite Christmas Movies

Who doesn't love a good Christmas movie to warm the cockles of your heart?

Here are my Top 5 Christmas movies that I religiously watch every Christmas- in no particular order of course because that would require way too much decison making!


The Family Stone: funny, heartwarming, touching, crazy noisy family (a bit like ours), spunky males, too many fabulous cast members to list...




Love Actually: LOVE everything about this movie. Love the music, Love the interwoven stories and relationships, Love Colin Fristle, Love Hugh Grant as Prime Minister, Love Karl the spunky French office worker (just don't answer the phone girl!!!), Love Billy Mack ("I have spent most of my adult life with a chubby employee") I could go on and on....




The Holiday: maybe not really a Christmas movie but it is set around Christmas and new years so I count it in the list. The English cottage is just too beautiful, Jude Law is not too bad too and Jack Black is a riot as always, even though it is not a comedy role.


National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: this is usually on tv every year but if not we will rent it and watch with my sisters and mum. This is one of those ugly laugh movies. You know, when you laugh so wholeheartedly that you have to cover your face because you look so ugly and you eventually laugh til you cry. Especially when you look over and your mother is literally peeing her pants with laughter.


Prancer: an absolute childhood favourite about a litle girl who finds a hurt reindeer she thinks is Prancer and nurses him back to health...tear

What's your favourite Christmas movie?

1 comment:

the old boathouse said...

Hi Brooke, missed this post . I love Christmas movie rituals, I too love The Holiday, I think mainly for the two houses which I would love to live in either. I also would add You've got mail, and Jingle all the Way for a bit of fun, cheers katherine oh and happy new year!