Friday, September 11, 2009

Something's gotta give- Hamptons Chic

images 1-5 via CocoMale

image via Cote de Texas

image via Silver screen surroundings

Two of my all time favourite movies also feature my all time favourite set designs that interior designer James Radin as had input with -"The Holiday" (cosy cottage charm) previously posted about here and here and "Somethings gotta give" (fabulous Hampton's chic styling).

Besides the fact that I simply adore Dianne Keaton (cue totally hysterical over the top dramatic crying whilst furiously typing a screenplay) and most movies she has been in, the movie is totally hilarious and Jack Nicholson - AKA Harry- is a riot (awkward).

But, back to the decor...
I sooo love the neutral colour palette-the whites, creams, taupes and blue accents...right up my alley as other colour favourites come and go but white and blue have always been my constant- they just look so fresh together.

Love the deck chairs with blue and white striped cushions, the blue and white striped rugs in the lounge and that stunning hutch displaying the various plates in the dining room- heaven!

If only I had a house with the architecture to match the Somethings gotta give Hampton's house- oh how my life would be complete.

No comments: