Friday, May 1, 2009

Stitches and Craft Show cont...

goodies from the day

too cute- Melly and Me Mrs Perkins giraffe softie pattern

my lovely handsewn pincusion from the craftbar, business card from 2 cheese please and some fabric picked up from spotlight

love love love the "flower pin cushions" display at the craft bar

my lovely bundle of fat quarter purchases

Tweet Tweet- so sweet!!! I want to make one of these!

OK, so truth be told, the Stitches and Craft show left us a just a teeny bit disappointed...
If it wasn't for the craft bar, fabric and softie pattern purchases from Peppermint Stitches stall and our little visit to Black & Spiro in New farm afterwards, we would have been quite sad...
There just didn't seem to be many booths with new and interesting stuff (to may tastes that is) save for maybe 2 or 3 booths- it was a lot of the same old same old but maybe this was because I went to Craffest not long ago?
Some of the classes we wanted to go to were not on even though I am positive the website said they were on that day (but now that I have checked it doesn't - oops did i read it wrong??!) and the classes that interested us and that we could go to seemed to clash at the same time...humph. I wonder if different stall holders attend different days and whether the weekend would have more booths???
Anyway, enough of the Negative Nancy and on to the good stuff.
  • The latest Real Living magazine for $3.50- bargain!
  • Peppermint Stitches booth- I purchased 6 fat quarters in some gorgeous coordinating vintage style fabrics and 1 funky zig zag stripe (not sure if it is Heather Bailey or not???) and another that looks a bit like strings of fruit loops. I also picked up a too cute Mrs Perkins giraffe softie pattern (my sister got the elephant softie pattern which I will borrow and make too). I have no projects in mind for the fabrics of course - just loved them and thought they would make a lovely addition to my fabric stash!
  • Craft bar- here you could sit down and make 1 of 4 free cute little projects made from the always fabulous Liberty of London fabrics. We made the pincushion with contrasting covered buttons.
  • Round "flower" pincushions at the craft bar- in love love love with these!!! They had a multitude in various sizes and colours and they just looked absolutely divine. A definite project to add to the ever growing list!
  • Sweet little bird house display (not sure who made these or where they were from???)
  • Some other small display booths that I loved were ... Two Cheese Please (loving their felt doughnuts), Red Seed Studio and Ink & Spindle
  • to top off the day we visited the always inspiring Black & Spiro - the window displays were absolutely stunning and lets not even talk about the pink and white candy striped couch!!!! swoon. We were happily browsing through the multitudes of fabric swatches when in walked Anna Spiro herself (side note: my sister has a stalking issue with Anna Spiro which I am sure she will mention in her Stitches and Craft blog post!) - quite exciting for us Absolutely Beautiful Things blog stalkers!

All in all a fun but exhausting day...

No comments: